Our team is devoted to rigorous fair trade, social, environmental and economic standards, while working to promote safe, healthy working conditions. See our farmers first hand with our videos below. When we say your purchase is truly helping others in Uganda, we approach this with passion and gratitude.
See more Interviews with the farmers and their families. Listen as they tell their stories of hardship and their thankful admiration of the Shea Nut, which Shea butter comes from.
The charity is called 'Smiles Uganda', in association with Rose Charities Canada. When you purchase from Sans Pareil Naturals, YOU are truly contributing to improving the lives of those in need in the Eastern Africa.
The contributions to the fair trade farm has recently funded and encouraged the following initiatives, improving the lives of so many. The include by not limited to:
1. Fair prices to farmers
2. Free training to farmers / collectors about organic farming
3. Provision of gum boots, packing materials
4. No child labor
5. Health care for community: malaria drugs in collection area and local community at large
6. Care for staff and pregnant personnel
7. Free soap, sugar, mosquito nets given to collectors / farmers
8. Company has policy of no discrimination and follows all national laws
9. For staff, Company pays housing allowance, national social security fund, fair wages
10. Company has successfully lobbied government to ban the felling of Shea trees.
11. National environmental care is a key focus and awareness is raised in the community through radio, newspapers, TV
12. Company is paying school & university fees for nine students affected by Joseph Kony / LRA war in Northern Uganda
13. Contributions for social work through churches, mosques and temples
14. Company is working with Lira Municipal Council to give the town a face lift, beautifying and maintaining three roundabouts, installing fencing, flowers, solar lights and green grass
Beyond philanthropy, we also strive to protect the environment, enable transparency, and empower communities to build strong, thriving businesses. When you make the decision to try our Fair Trade certified products, your purchase improves an entire community’s day-to-day lives.
Sans Pareil Naturals source farms provide critical aid to the farms and their families. Providing critical materials such as sugar, soap and mosquito nets to local farmers as well as healthcare (including malaria drugs) to the community at large. For more information on our commitment to community, click below.